RE at Beenham Primary School
At Beenham Primary School, we have designed our R.E. curriculum with the intent that our children will become accepting, mindful and inquisitive learners. Our R.E. curriculum allows children to discover and gain an insight into religions within the world that we live. We see the teaching of R.E. is vital for children to understand others beliefs and make connections between their own values. It is our role to ensure pupils are being inquisitive by asking questions about the world around them by allowing pupils to gain high quality experiences.
We will deliver a curriculum that:
• Celebrates the ever changing diverse and rich community at Beenham Primary School
• Inspires creative learning through excellent teaching practices that build on prior R.E. learning and allow for repetition and progression of skills that build upon high starting points.
• Our curriculum embraces the community in which it is situated, recognising local places of worship including: church, mosque and temple.
• Is inclusive, develops self-confidence and identifies that all our children are unique and therefore we should all be tolerant of each other’s beliefs.
• Encourages our children to be inquisitive about others beliefs developing inquiry based R.E. skills that allow them to culturally aware of the world around them.
• Promotes equality and understanding of the British values and ensures they are prepared for life in modern Britain.
We follow the The Pan-Berkshire Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education 2018- 2023 by using the RE programme 'Discovery RE'. We follow a 2 year cycle which ensures coverage of the whole curriculum has been met at the designated end of Key Stage points.
We enrich our RE curriculum by offering the following experiences:
|Beenham Church Visit
|Key Stage 1
|Religious Leader Visit / Visit to a place of worship - Judaism and Islamic
|Lower Key Stage 1
|Religious Leader Visit/ Visit to a place of worship - Sikhism and Buddhist
|Upper Key Stage 2
|Religious Leader Visit/ Visit to a place of worship - Islamic and Hinduism
|Whole school - Annually
|Beenham Church - Harvest Festival and Nativity